Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnortman

Technical User
Sep 24, 2012
US
We have some end users with a group mailbox (Message Manager) and want an indication on each of their phones that there is a message in that group box. They all have IP phones (9611). I tried putting an AUT-MSG-WT button on their phones with the extension of the group box but it doesn't work. What am I missing?

An Update...

The Message Waiting Light does come on but you have to scroll to page 2 of the screens to see it. Is there a way to get it on page 1? It is on button 4 but doesn't show on page 1 even when the screen width is half.

how many call apperance keys do you have??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I have three call appearance keys. The forth key in CM is the MWL (AUT-MSG-WT) but doesn't show up on the first page. I even took all the appearances off and it still was on the second key. It looks like only Call Appearances and Bridged Appearances are the only things that show up on that first screen. Is there a way to change that?

edit your 46xxsettings file and tweak this bit

## Enable/disable Feature Button on Phone
## When FBONCASCREEN is set to 1 Feature Button are also
## displayed on Call Appearance filtered screen.
## Default = 0.
## Note: This feature is available on H.323 release 3.0 only for 9630 or 9640 phones & release 6.0 for 96x1 phones..
## SET FBONCASCREEN 0

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back