Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneFixer

Technical User
Dec 5, 2001
US
Is there a way to turn a message waiting light off on one telephone? I have several phones (Model 3903 & 3904) that have the message waiting light on (There are no messages and some do not even have voice mail). They are on a new 81C.

do an "update Message Waiting Indicators" from TOOLS.

We are using CallPilot. and I don't have MAT

Phonefixer,
CallPilot should run a lamp audit of it's own and update the lamps. Do you have a switchboard or any phones with MIK keys, these can light message waiting leds without the nedd for mailboxes.

Regards

MERTECH

Phonefixer,
CallPilot should run a lamp audit of it's own and update the lamps. Do you have a switchboard or any phones with MIK keys, these can light message waiting leds without the need for mailboxes.

Regards

MERTECH

Thanks! After some tweaking, I found that by making sure the CLS is MWD and removing any key for MWK seems to do the trick after midnight maintenance routines run. Of course, this is for phones without any voicemail. (DISU and ENLU may turn the light off sooner after changes, I haven't tried it because one of those really important calls might be missed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back