Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message waiting light

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutcit88

Technical User
Aug 6, 2008
US
Heloo everyone, i have a optin 61c and an octel 250, recently we were hit be lightning and lost power for 4 days and generator never kicked on. anyway ever since this happened the message lights on most phones are not working, when they ring they light up, new messages they stay off. I have done lamp audits reboots of both octel and nortel and still nothing, i have read through this forum and everything i have seen has not worked, are theere any other suggestions?

can you turn your lamps on and off with mck mik keys?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

have you tried manually turning the light on/off with MIK/MCK keys?

Most likely it is a problem with the Octel.

does anyone know anything about the octel 250, i will try to manually turn them on but dont think that is going to help thanx.

A digital set (2008) in the DMID ( Digital Meridian Integration Device) is dedicated to set and cancel message waiting.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Mut - As JP and AM suggested, assign an MIK and MCK key to your phone and try to light the lamps manually from your phone (or someone's phone). If that works, then you've isolated the issue to the Octel interface. You state that the lamps light during a ring cycle. Are you using analog sets, or digital? A lightning strike can create all kinds of issues, and it may take you a while to ferret out all the problems that causes.

yes lightning reaks havock on so many levels, I do understand how most of the 61c works i have gone to global knowledge to get my learn on, but it always helps to have a second oppinion. anyhow i am running about 75 3904,s and 200 analog, my site is switching over to VOIP (cisco) so now i have to learn this as well.

Make sure everyone has check and cleared their mailboxes. the Octel still thinks it has lit the lites and will not do it again until mssages have been cleared.

Perfection is expected, Excellence is Tolerated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back