Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message waiting light

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne50

Technical User
Jan 28, 2004
We have one 2000ips switch that the MWI does not work on any stations , any help would be appreciated.

Yes , all are programmed. I was wondering if the power supply could be at fault ? Thanks for the reply.

I would check MCI programming and make sure that is correct. Also check Integration settings in the AD64

Thanks , but it seems all is programmed correctly.

I understand that you are using MCI and that when you call a station, it will call forward to the correct greeting and that only the message waiting light is not working.

Was it every working? Is this a new install?

a. Try another port or another mci card. I have had ports go and recetly, I had a card die.

b. If you never had this working check
F87>087:MCI Interface :A (should be an A)
F87>043:VMS Indication:USA:A (should be an A)

There is an MCI tool that will simulate what the phone system is supposed to do. Ask you local NEC authorized dealer to follow this link and download it for you: Then you can bypass the voicemail and try to turn on the light directly to the mci card.

c. Check: CM08>443>0 (VMS with MCI)
CM08>444>0 (message waiting lamp control from MCI)and check 1225>vms station> 3 for mci and 0 for dtmf integration.

d. Are you using the correct cable? Use a RS-RVS-4S CA-C / RS RVS-15S CA-A cable or RS NORM-4S CA-A.

e. For the Port 1 and Port 3, data speed 9600 bps cannot be set.

f. Check SW0. There are 8 dip switches. Check them against your manual.

Keep us posted.

Are you able to set MW with an access code manually?

Also check 08>708 and 4000>0 and 4000>1 these commands relate to the number of digits and to the MP doing the MCI as opposed to the AP00

Nothing has worked , need help if possible , thanks

Wayne50 - i hope you dont mind me saying so - but you do not make it easy to help you.

Why dont you start with posting each of the commands the all the techs have listed for you over hear and the results:

08>708>?
4000>0>?
4000>0>?
F87>087>?
F87>043>?
CM08>443>?
CM08>444>?
1225>vms stations>?
1303>station that the light is not lighting>?
Take out the AP00 card and tell us the dip swithes of SW0?
did you blow out the card with cm D001 be fore the install? it does mount the pbx database or something like that.
Is your cable in port 0,1,2 or 3?
What is the name of the cable you are using?

help us to help you. You have only responded in a cryptic manner while some of the posters seemed to have spent lots of time to help you. Put in some more effort for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back