Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting light will not go out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delmar

Vendor
Oct 16, 2002
US
VM Pro
IPO 4.1.15

Existing extension was named "Temp". I changed name to the new user name "Jim". New user "Jim" mailbox works fine. Apparently there was 2 messages for the old user name (Temp).
Message waiting light for Jim is on all the time. No new messages in Jim's mailbox. By pressing visual voice it shows that "Temp" mailbox has 2 new messages.

I check in Accounts and there is no folder for "Temp".
I created a brand new user "Temp" and left 2 new messages in it and was able to get them from Jim's extension via visual voice, I cleared out those messages but the MW light remained on and it still shows Temp as having 2 messages "Temp (2)" is what it shows.

I removed the source number for this extension (there was only 1) but there was no change.

There must be a counter in some file that shows there to be messages in this mailbox, does anyone have a solution or know what is going on.

I know I have had this problem before, I think I repaired by changing the extension number, don't want to do that this time.
Thanks

Delete the mailbox on the vmpro server and delete the user temp
After that reboot the ipoffice and the voicemail server

This should do the trick

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor