Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message waiting light on200 icp and centalized voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmacejr

Programmer
Oct 12, 2004
US
has anyone run across this? i have 2 systems (both 200 icp mx's)tied together with voip trunking,system A the message waiting works fine but we cannot turn system B lights fromsystem A have checked edoc's and triple checked programming can anyone help

Check your MOSS sheet to be sure you have the Centralized VM feature. Naturally your routing tables need to be pointing exts from one box to the other. Feature Access codes for MWI set/clear need to be the same on both machines. Also, if you're attempting to use a NodeID on your 200ICPs, beware that feature is broken in all presently shipping software. I understand there is an open DPAR on it.

The 200ICP supports a mutation of CCS trace that has to be enabled through telnet port 2002, tho I dunno if you can see the MWI traffic there or not and I don't have the enable command handy (it's much different than the CCS Trace command set on the 3300 and SX2K)

Are your IP trunks set to be able to do message waiting? Ithink they may also need the voicemail port option as well. I would have to look at my docs.

thanks for the help will check and let you know later tonight if it works.

I noticed something today in the 200 ICP Engineering docs suggesting that this only worked over T1. Huh ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back