Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Light KXTD-816 and TVA50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resintel

Technical User
Aug 18, 2006
US
I'm trying to enable the message waiting light whenever a voicemail is left. I called into the TVA50 remotely and enabled it. Left a test message, but the client says there was no light but she got my message. Is there anything else I should be looking at before I head over?

Probably not. You need to check the integration to make sure it matches your machine, then check the MW setup string actually sent.

LkEErie

is the phone a keyphone or an analogue phone? From memory the TD series did not support message waiting on a SLT without an external MWL module, (had one is stock for the last 10 years and it went in the bin yesterday)

has ext been defined in mailbox settings that'll
stop lights from lighting....

Quick overview:

The system is in a residence.
3-CO's x 6-Extensions, (3) KX-TD7896, (3) KX-T7736
VM is set up as an answering machine.

LK: From what I see, in the VM system parameters, I set it to KXTD1232/KXTD816 and DPT for integration. Please elaborate on how I would check the sent setup string.

cwc3: Please elaborate, that may be the issue.

Thanks for the feedback

there is a way to get a groups mailbox to light all lights

If you could forward the solution I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

its a pdf and I am off but can get info to you later

If you config all Call to VM the Message light will not light up.You need to turn off all call to voicemail. Message ADMIN need to config in the MB Set-up program.

I got it going. It was an oversight on my part. I changed mailbox 100's extension from 165 to 100 in the programming.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back