Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting light indicator not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

maj213

MIS
Dec 6, 2006
US
I have a mix of T7316E and (majority) T7208 analog phones. There are a handfull I have not been able to get the message waiting light to work. In the CallPilot Manager, all mailboxes are set to their proper extensions. I have tried disabling and re-enabling the "message waiting light" check box. Still the Msg light is not working. The Voice Mail Version is 35.30.30.22. The BCM version is 3.5. This isn't my area of expertise, so I appreciate the help.

-Mike

Just so you know, T7208 are Digital sets not Analog. have you tried swapping the bad set with a known working set to seee if its the set or something else?

Can it be that the "static time" feature is "on"?
Try Feature #806 on the phones that do not show the message
waiting light.

My mistake on the analog. But yes, I have tried swapping the phone sets on these problem lines. I will try the "static time" once I have someone on site.

What is that "static time" about?

I have turned static time on and still get the msg wait light and on a 7316 get the MSG over the left soft key.With static time it shows the time not msg for you.But everything else still works.

Just tried the Feature #806 on a phone that's not displaying the message waiting light. Did not fix. So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back