Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Light for ICD Group Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonemstr

Vendor
Nov 21, 2003
US
I'm trying to light a message waiting light for a group mailbox on a TDA100 with a TVA50. I just made this work with a TDA200 and a TVA200, but for the life of me can't get it to work on this TDA100.

I have a icd group 302 which forwards to voice mail. I programed a button on an extension (40 + ext 302), which I can light using *701302.

Mailbox 302 has Message Light enable. and I programmed PBX Message Light on for *701X and Message Light off for *700X.

What I'm I missing?

this may be a silly question but what do you have for a value in owners ext XXX for mailbox 302

hmm not sure you should have put any values in
there I just did a pseudo tva 50 on my pc and to my
suprise there are no values in there

are you able to light message lights on other mailboxes
with those values in there?

hey are you the guy thats NH doding the pri cut?

also its 701xxx and 700xxx its identical to the td
no stars in front!!

Yep, same guy. The install went smooth. The PRI fired right up.

All mailboxes have extension entries and just tried 701xxx and 700xxx, still not working.

that was my question are able to light any lights?on any exts by leaving a message in any other mailbox ?

hey just ran down to server room and was cking the pbx dialing parameters on the tvs 75 i have here there is no enty in the light on or off areas so you should not have any values in there for dpits believe it or not .it should just work with out it

I tried it without any entries and still no difference. Message lights on all 76xx telephones turn-on without a problem. I can't get any icd group boxes to light a message waiting light programmed on a phone.

none of the phones that are in that group can have
mailboxes of their own .

Not 100 percent sure that pertains to tva but
for the tvs for sure.

I have tried it with every combination I can think of and I cannot get it to light a programmed message waiting light. It's frustrating because I have this working on a TVA200, but cannot get it to work with this TVA50

Create a mailbox for the ICD Grp and program a spare key on the handset for Message waiting with the floating number of the ICD Grp, do this on all of the phones in the IDCG, all of the keys will light up and will go out when the first person takes the message

PS to above, I have this working on a TDA600 + TVM200 (latest Software)

FM how did you make out? Out on the vineyard this
week doing final touch on a trophy home!

do you have calls transfer to mailbox enabled in mailbox config if so turn it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back