Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message waiting light- bell call answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy422

Programmer
Nov 23, 2002
CA
i've got a customer with a cics 4.1 and Bell call answer.
they claim the message waiting light on reception set, int 22 used to flash when message waiting, but since moving to a new location this feature is not working. DN 22 is set as Ext vmsg set; Y Line 1 prime set is 22 any recomendations?

By "Bell call answer", I'll assume you mean voicemail through the phone co. Check with the phone co. and make sure they've enabled visual message indication on the lines. Not just audible. This is a feature with the phone co.

no its not - different part of town so the # changed. I went into the telco msg waiting options and checked - msg notification is on, and in CICS programming under "telco features", feature assign, this DN is a caller id set and EXT Vmsg is set to Y

Then you need to change the number for the ext VMS so the system knows when that number sends the string to turn on the light. Check sys programing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back