Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting light across Tie line

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRizz

Programmer
Mar 27, 2007
US
I have a site that used to be an Option 11E, it was just replaced with a CS1000E, Rls 5. It has a Tie line between it and a Option 61c. The CS1000E is a very small office, so it uses the 61C sites voicemail ( Octel ). Since the install, we cannot get the message waiting lights to work.

I have checked :

Package 175 NMS is there
PNI's match
4 digit dialing works fine
Checked RDB, CDB, DCH and CFN, all look good

I have switchroom phones in both locations with MIK's ( message indicator key )on them. From the CS1000E switchroom phone, I can use the MIK and light a phone at the 61c site. From the 61c site, I try and use the MIK and it will not work. I am convinced the problem is at the new CS1000E, but cannot figure it out !

I also have two other CS1000E's that have Tie lines to the same 61c, and can use the 61c's switchroom phone and light a light at the other locations. What am I missing ?

There is an issue with compatability between 5.0 and 4.5 sites using sip trunks and centralized voicemail. Voice mail lights will not light between these releases.

Fix: patch from Nortel (unsure of patch number) or MWI in the RCAP of the Dchannel.

This is a known issue to Nortel.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Does the PNI match at both ends?

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Yes, both RDB's have a PNI of 00001. This is a T1 tie line, no SIP trunks. Thank you for the suggestions.

Bringing this topic back up. Over the weekend the 61c was replaced with a new CS1000M. I am still unable to get the message lights to work to the site referenced above. If I leave a message and watch the TTY, I see the same type of facility rejection at the far end site:

DCH 3 IMSG FACILITY REF 00000000 CH 0 TOD 12:17:27
FEAT :NMS

DCH 3 OMSG FAC REJ REF 00000000 CH 0 TOD 12:17:27
FEAT :NMS

Any other ideas? I am stumped.

I hope someone can find the resolution. I have the same problem. Upgraded main site from 4.5 1000s to 5.5 1000E and message lites don't work anymore at the 4.5 1000s that uses SIP trunks for 4digit dialing and message lites. Everything works great but this. All patches are up to date on the far end 4.5 1000s.

Has anyone resolved this trouble yet? (MWI across a PRI to CS1000E)? I just came across it, and I noticed the INAC (Insert Access Code) prompt was NO in the RDB printout. Typically, if you have Networking features between Nortel systems, you not only need to have your RDB PNI match the far-end system's NET_DATA PNI, but INAC must also be yes.

BEFORE you change INAC to YES, you need to verify what types of calls (CDP, NPA, NXX, SPN, LOC, etc.) you are sending between all your networked systems. The INAC prompt works at the receiving end, in conjunction with the NET_DATA AC2 prompt, to ensure the proper NARS AC1 / AC2 is inserted for various call types; neither AC1 nor AC2 are inserted at the receiving end for CDP type calls.

Hope this helps (even if it's waaaaaay, late in the game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back