Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Lamps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtphoneman

Programmer
Dec 18, 2004
US
I have a 81c with Succession 3.0. Last week a few lamps were lit on phones for no reason .Call Pilot was installed about 4 months ago and this just started happening. Lights appear for no reason. Happening on 2008 and 3000 series phones. Also some will not even light up. MWA is set in cls and marp is correct on the sets, As I said it just started happening last week? Any ideas?

check the MWI DN on all mailboxes that do not lite. For the ones that lite it maybe on another mailbox as MWI DN.

HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM WITH OUR UPGRADE. MERMAIL WAS STILL RUNNING AND LAMPS WERE FROM UNANSWERED MSG B4 UPGRADE...

did you take down the aml link to mermail, or turn it off? i kept mine on to cross check the migration. had lamp audits run on the old mail, turning on hundreds of lamps. just removed the aml link, the acd group interface was already gone

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

THis could also be something as simple as the wrong DN entered for the MW Lamp in the Voicemail. If it is thats a bear to tackle because you have to go through every MXox to figure out which it is.

you can do an advance search for mwi dn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This tread sparked a quesion for me...I have heard of a command that you can dial from your phone to light up or turn off a lamp. Doe any one know what i'm talking about or know what the command is?? This would be a great easy way to check lamps on older phones. Thanks.

key xx MIK. Press this key, then dial the ext you want to turn on the light for, and press MIK key again. This will turn on the light for a particular ext.

key xx MCK. Press this key, then dial the ext you want to turn off the light for, and press MCK again. This will turn off the light for a particular ext.

You can set the MIK/MCK keys on your own phone and try turning on the light for this particular mailbox.

This may sound dumb but where is the MIK and MCK key?? We run Option 81c here, Meridain, Nortel 2000 and 3000 series phones. Does that change things? I would love if you coudl give me step by step intructions...Thanks again.

you don't have mik or mck unless you build them, here;s the code for adding it to a set
Code:
>ld 11

PT0000
REQ: chg
TYPE: 3904

TN   56 0 14 14
ECHG yep
ITEM key 8 mik
     KEY 9 mck
     KEY
ITEM
MIX
HNT FNA
HNT FNA

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks a million...works like a charm! If you have any other tips or tricks please let me know. Thanks Again.

Had to reboot the call pilot, their is a dos program that runs,cant remember what the name of it is but until it connected the lights were going crazy. On the second reboot it connected and everything is working fine.
Thanks for all the replys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back