Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message waiting lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Sep 22, 2008
VN
when i have new voice mail message,indicate in lamp,
on ICP 3300 Mxe

You need to setup MWI (message waiting indicator) feature codes.

thanks.
but i have no new message the lamp is always flashing.
when i press MWI no dial to mail box.
psl help
i mention ICP 3300 Mxe

If you press the "Message" key on the phone, the display should show more detail on where the MWI came from. If there's no message on the display at all, try using the Message Waiting - Deactivate feature access code (FAC + DN of the set), and see if that helps. If neither of these help, issue the Maintenance Command "locate feature extension <DN>" and see if the MWI is a Callback Message or Dialed Message Waiting.

i type command " locate feaure extensin "
the MWI is a Dial Message Waiting.
and the lamp flasing. but when i press the " Message" display no message

if it is not a callback, then pressing the message key will not work. use the mwi deactivate code from any set. if that doesn't work, restore your db

i mean how can i know when have new message.

delete the MWI using the feature access code as GX5Krocks suggested. If the light turns on again and there is no message, then report back.

If you are not part of the solution...

Then there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.

i have done that, but when have new message, the light not flash.

put the feature codes back in. If lights come on and status is dialled m/w 2 options, data base restore or remove d/n from datbase and reissue.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

In most cases it is happening due to incorrect configuration of the voicemail. It requires specific COS settings, ports allocations, hunt group and feature codes configurations.

BTW how can we trace the source of MWI feature codes? Some times I see this dialed callbacks and cannot figure out who entered it or where it was originated from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back