Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting lamp trouble 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPhoneGuy

Technical User
Mar 21, 2002
US
I have had several complaints from users lately about a delay in their message waiting lamp being lit. The delay can be anywhere from several hours to over 24 hours from the time stamp on the message until they see the lamp lit. We currently have a Definity 6.3 and an Intuity Audix 5.1. Integration is via DCIU. I have checked that the correct switch number is shown on the Audix subscriber screen. The Audix activity log for the affected subscribers shows that the message waiting lamp was lit at the time the message was received. Any ideas?

On the Intuity. "list measurement load day" and see what the Maximum Simultaneous Ports: is showing.

Also see how many ports you are licenced for and using. If you find this number matches, it may indicate that your voice mail system is fairly busy and the message lights are queuing or being flagged to go out later in time when the system is less busy.

Also look at the Deliveries Rescheduled line in that menu as well. It could provide a clue.

Also if the voicemail has not been taken down in the last 35 to 40 days, schedule a shutdown so that the Unix software can clean up any problems it may have encountered with the flags and database for the Audix application.

This may give you something to start with anyway.

Netcon1

Perfect Advice Netcon1 Speak softly and carry a big switch

I found that while the maximum simultaneous voice ports for the day in question was only 11 (and we are licensed for and using 30), there were 7 deliveries rescheduled for the day. Documentation seems to be pretty sparse as to why deliveries are being rescheduled. Any ideas?

If you monitor ports on the Intuity, are they all on-hook or actively in service? (none foos or manoos)

Is the programming on each port different?

Sometimes I will set the voicemail hunt group to DDC for linear hunting and then put the last two or three voicemail ports into their own group 2 (on the Intuity Audix port setup screen) and set the message waiting to work off group 2 ports only. I forget the exact procedure, however, the Intuity manual should guide you through this option.

Just another thought...

Netcon1

How many of the thirty ports are configured for outcalling? You may have 28 incoming and 2 outgoing.

Use this command :

ch sys outcalling

On the deliveries being rescheduled - you have subscribers with full mailboxes (or they don't have the space to accept messages being forwarded to them). Audix will try to deliver voicemail messages several times (on my old 3.3 Intuity, the "RESCHEDULING INCREMENTS FOR UNSUCCESSFUL MESSAGE DELIVERY" is on page 3 of System-Parameter Features). After the last attempt, the message is marked "Undeliverable". Your users should check the status of their outgoing messages (Option 4 from the activity menu) to make sure their messages are being delivered.

Vitel Software makes (or made) a neat voicemail software reporting package called VMACS-Plus. You set it up to poll specific reports in Audix and it parses the data and stores it for reporting. It's great for finding full mailboxes, unused mailboxes, and generally keeping Audix traffic data around for far longer than Audix allows. It has all the reporting capability you wish Audix had....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back