Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting lamp on IP115 phone not lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa1271

MIS
Dec 8, 2011
US
I have recently installed a ShorTel phone system at a location.I have a user that says she has assigned her extension on the IP115 phone, yet her message waiting lamp is not lit to indicate she has messages waiting.
We have deleted her account and reinstalled it.
We have reset the phone and made sure she has assigned her mailbox to the phone.
The message waiting lamp still will not light when she has messages.
What could the problem be?
Thanks

Is her's the only phone reporting the problem? Have they verified the phone is not defective? There is a tool you can use from the server that will do a MWI audit and activate/deactivate MWI that are stuck so to speak. I don't have my docs handy or I would post it. It should be in the maintenance manual.

We had the exact opposite, we had users with lights staying on. The phones get most of their display and on/off stuff from the Shoregear switch so if there are any network issues between them that can cause weird crap to happen. The switches get their updates from the server, same weird crap rules apply :)

Yes, hers is the only one that has been reported. Can't guarantee that it is not defective.
I will check the manual and give it a shot.
Thanks for your help!

use this to test the phone to see if it is defective.

from the shoretel server

cd c:/program files/shoreline communications/shoreware server

cfg.exe

lamp (ext.) 1 <---to turn the lamp on

lamp (ext.) 0 <---to turn the lamp off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back