Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting lamp lights up but no message

Status
Not open for further replies.

glarkin

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a small group of phones in our call center that will have the MWI light come on but there's no voicemail in their mailbox. If you go into the voicemail box and play, you're told there's no message, but then the light goes out. No other extensions are using these phones for their message waiting light, and I'm almost out of ideas. Is there any setting in Meridian Mail that could cause this? Thanks for any input,

Greg

p.s. The system is an Option 81c with Meridian Mail 13

You probably have another mailbox set to give message wait indication on the set in question. If you search in mail under "Find" / "Message Waiting Indication DN", you can see if this is so.

Thanks for the reply. I've checked and found no other mailboxes that are using this phone's DN for message waiting indication. I wonder if it's the lamp on the phone itself (2216)? I might try a replacement and see if it still happens.

Greg

I would try replacing the phone but it looks like it's happening on more than one set. If it is happening on more than one set, you can also try printing out the phones TN and see if there is more than one DN (extension) programmed for each phone.

I had the same thing happen not too long ago where I also looked in M.Mail and did not see any other phones set to use the MWI on the phone in question. So I printed off the TN for the phone and found the phone had three additional DNs assigned to it each with there own v-mail set to populate the MWI for that particular DN which all happened to be programmed on the same phone.

I hope I didn't confuse anybody....If I did, please let me know..............

I had a similar problem in that messages left on a saturday weren't appearing in the mailbox until the monday noon. Productsupport suggested we reload the meridian mail itself. Still waiting to see if it happens again.

IF THESE ARE ACD SETS AND THEY HAVE A DIRECTORY NUMBER ON ANOTHER KEY AND THAT NUMBER ALSO APPEARS ON ANOTHER SET. IT WILL NOT KNOW WHICH SET TO LITE THE LAMP ON. IT WILL NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM ALL OTHER SETS EXCEPT THE ACD SET TO WORK PROPERLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back