Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting Indicator trouble 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyitsthephoneguy

Technical User
Jul 31, 2002
US
I'm trying to setup an Intuity Audix with mode code.

How do I enable the message waiting indicator in the Definity? I found what the Intuity is dialing to enable & disable the light, but I'm not sure where that ties into the Definity.

TIA,
Steve

I'm not sure about Mode Code on the Intuity, but I know that the Octel uses the Leave Word Calling (LWC) feature codes to light and turn off the MW light.

Kevin

The LWC prompt on the sets need to be set to "none". and also the same in the message center prompt in the voicemail hunt group in the definity. Also is the voicemail hunt group access number programmed in the system parameters mode code form? Don't hink that will affect msg waiting but you never know.

Easiest way to check this out is to look at the "display System Customer options" and make sure MOde Code is turned on.

Second, check the Display feature access codes to see what codes are programmed and used for message waiting eg #90, #91 etc.

Third display the "display system mode-code" and see if the parameters are set there correctly.

Fourth make sure your hunt group and ports are set up correctly for proper VMI integration.

Fifth check the station forms to see if they have the correct settings for message waiting (top of the second page)

Sixth, make sure the feature access codes are programmed into your voicemail and match the switch.

Remember, sometimes it is important to have one voice port do all the message waiting indication as this may cause problems based on the integration if all ports are doing this.

Lastly, go to Avaya's web site and download the intuity installation manual. They have word for word on how to set this up correctly.

Netcon1
(Mark if useful!!)

Here's where I stand...

Mode code is turned on.

The defaults are used on the ch sys mode screen, other than the audix hunt group extension.

I changed the feature access code for LWC send & LWC cancel a message to the codes I found in the Intuity (*98 to activate, #98 to de-activate)

The Audix hunt group is made up of 6 members which are programmed with VMI in the type field.

The hunt group messaging field is MSA. When it is Audix, you can't dial the hunt group extension (you get a high low tone). I'm thinking the problem may lie here, but I'm not convinced.

Also is there anything I should look for in the intuity?

TIA,
Steve

What kind of analog board are you using, a tn2214 or a tn2183?

Depending on your release you need one of those.

Here's what you do:

Leave just one extension in the huntgroup and connect a analog phone to this port. Then dial the huntgroup number and listen if you hear DTMF tones.

If not, and the port is programmed as VMI you probably need another board.

If you do have DTMF tones, make sure the integration with the Intuity Audix is OK.

By the way, what release is the intuity? If it's a release 5.1 and you used the cd-rom to put it on mode-code, it's not gonna work.

Avaya needs to dial in first and change some parameters.

Let me know if you need more on this. Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

I got the message light working finally....I'm not sure what the change was other than possibly the feature access code change from this morning combined with changing the LWC setting on the station page to MSA-SPE.

Anyway thanks to all for the help.

Does anyone have any idea why the messaging step won't work? I'm guessing it's due to the hunt group being setup as MSA vs audix...which would lead me to ask if anyone can figure out why when I change from MSA to Audix I get high low tones, but when I am setup as MSA, the system works correctly.

Is the messaging step in vectoring compatible with mode code interface to Intuity?

TIA,
Steve

More than likely, it was the feature access codes, however, please read the Intuity manual for mode-code integration. The procedure is step by step and very clear. Your system may work at this time but items like below should be checked and confirmed so that in the event of a problem down the road, Avaya will not ding you for problems related to integration.

Hunt Group Name:

The word “AUDIX” must be part of the name for the
G3-MA administration tool to recognize the Intuity
AUDIX system. Other characters may appear in the
name as long as AUDIX is part of the name. If AUDIX
is not part of the Group Name, G3-MA will not be
able to extract names from the switch when
provisioning the Intuity AUDIX system.

Message Center: none (should be none)

LWC Reception: none (should be none)

ACD? - The Intuity AUDIX system voice ports do not
operate in an ACD group.

On the voice mail station forms:
Enter in the Name field the name by which this messaging port will be
known. This name must match the name entered in the hunt group
member assignments, and must include the word AUDIX.

LWC Reception: On station form

msa-spe: Enter msa-spe if LWC messages are stored in the system or on the Messaging Server Adjunct - Switch Processor.
audix: Enter audix if the messages are stored on the Audio
Information Exchange System.

none:

Netcon1

netcon,

This system is only a temporary solution due to a hardware failure of an alternate voice mail system.

I'm curious why Audix needs to be a part of the hunt group name, and

"On the voice mail station forms:
Enter in the Name field the name by which this messaging port will be
known. This name must match the name entered in the hunt group
member assignments, and must include the word AUDIX."

Each voice port should have the name audix in it? Or every subscriber on the Intuity.

Could you paste a link to the manual? I tried looking for it on Avaya's website without any luck...

He is talking about the stations in the analog hunt group...

The name audix must be part of the name...

example Audix 01, Audix 02, Audix 03 etc.

The hunt group must be named Audix...

The Definity audix extension number must match the same extension range that you administer in the audix...

No, the user extension do not have to have audix as part of their name...

Bajashark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back