Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Indicator not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

symposium21

Technical User
Jul 27, 2007
AP
Hi there,

Can somebody help me on this, we're currently set up a new site with stand alone Nortel PBX system. But the Call Pilot server was in the other site.

The telephone was registered on our new site, the problem is. The call are getting through to our phone and able to leave message but the message waiting indicator doesn't light up.

Is there any thing that i need to configure?

Terminal Data Block - cls mwa
Call Pilot - mwi dn was set

Thanks in advance

Check all services are running and have not stopped within CP and your sites should be the same PNI in the NET DATA

Cheers!!

Check that the phonesets does not have SFA
MWA does not work together with SFA

bajangsa - you wrote "MWA does not work together with SFA" - of course it works with SFA.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

is it just this one phone or all phones at this site that Message lamp not working?

@SL1M1

All services are running and PNI data was the same for both sites.

@cmoegie

yes it has the package 175 NMS
- but i dont know how NMS works and configured. can you guide me on it.

@Reusser

all phones with Message lamp are not working in this new site.

Have you setup 'Message Network Configuration' on the CallPilot?

@ Kiwi0z07

Not yet, can you help me set it up? Thanks

I'll try. Just want to clarify that you have two standalones systems with tielines between them and only one CallPilot.

Hi symposium21,
As we are in different timezones I will post a short guide to NMS in CallPilot. This works for me with two standalone CS1Ks running Rls 5.5 and a single CallPilot running Rls 5. If you have any othe rconfiguration NMS may not be for you.

Important: You need NMS = Yes in the CallPilot Keycode.
Disclaimer: I use a CDP dialling plan
In this example Site A has Extns 32XXX, 33XXX, 65XXX, 66XXX. Site B has Extns 4XXXX, 54XXX. CallPilot is located at Site A and there are tielines between the two sites.

From CallPilot Manager:
1.Open Messaging->‘Message Network Configuration’
2.Open server properties (Show Details)
3.Give the Server a name
a.Server Type: CallPilot
b.Site ID: 1
c.Tick the next five boxes
d.Save
4.Open local site properties (Show Details)
5.Give the Prime (local) site a name e.g Site A
a.Location stays as ‘0’
b.Check CDP Dialling Plan box
c.Add the steering codes that will be set up on Site B for all extn levels on the Site A eg. 32, 33, 65, 66 etc. and as these steering codes are part of the mailbox No. Set Overlap to 2.
6.Next add the Remote Site e.g Site B
a.Location Code will be 1
b.Check CDP Dialling Plan
c.Check CDP Steering Codes
d.Add the steering codes that will be set up on the Site A site to dial Site B eg.4,54, as these steering codes are part of the mailbox No. For 4 set Overlap to 1. For 54 set Overlap to 2.
7. Site B mailboxes would have to be remade using location 'Site B'

@ Kiwi0z07

THanks, I'll try this and i'll update you for the results.

@ Kiwi0z07

i've already check the item 1,2,3 and i can't able to tick the 5 boxes coz they're grayed out state. I can able to change name but still the boxes were grayed out.

Just connected to another site I am using and mine are grayed out too. So here are the slightly altered instructions.

From CallPilot Manager:
1.Open Messaging->'Message Network Configuration'
2.Open server properties (Show Details)
3.Give the Server a name
a.Server Type: CallPilot
b.Site ID: 1
c.Save
4.Open local site properties (Show Details)
5.Give the Prime (local) site a name e.g Site A
a.Location stays as '0'
c. Check Mailbox addressing follows dial plan
d.Add the steering codes that will be set up on Site B for all extn levels on the Site A eg. 32, 33, 65, 66 etc. and as these steering codes are part of the mailbox No. Set Overlap to 2.
6.Next add the Remote Site e.g Site B
a.Location Code will be 1
b1.Check Mailbox addressing follows dial plan
c.Check CDP Steering Codes
d.Add the steering codes that will be set up on the Site A site to dial Site B eg.4,54, as these steering codes are part of the mailbox No. For 4 set Overlap to 1. For 54 set Overlap to 2.
7. Site B mailboxes would have to be remade using location 'Site B'

How are your 2 Nortel PBX systems tied together? If they are connected via PRI, make the d-channels RCAP look like ND2, NCT, MWI, TAT, NAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back