Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Waiting Indicator not displaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

andruw31

Technical User
Jul 16, 2009
US
we have our definity system running on a s8510 with CM 5. i recently created an extension with type of GPEXT and Port X. i have a cover path that points to a cover answer group with 2 phone extensions. the 2nd point of coverage for the cover answer grp is intuity which runs software version 4.4-5. i have also created a mailbox in intuity for the extension for callers to leave VM's. in case there is a message left on the extension, the manager wants the message indicator light to display on one of the 2 phones in the cover answer group to let a user know theres a msg. i have set the message lamp ext to 3275 and msg indicator as LED, but when testing a VM to ext 8975 the light never displays to the phone extension. i tried changing both LWC recept and Audix name to audix with no luck. any other suggestions.? thanks

You may to give this a shot. Program one of ext 8975 line appearances with "aut-msg-wt" then type in the extension 3275. I think this may solve your problem

ok, going into ch station 8975 i only had one call-appr and my choices were call-appr, abrdg-appr, and brdg-appr and i believe its because i had the extension setup as GRPEXT. so i changed it to 6408D+, went and made the change to aut-msg-wt and entered the ext. when i tested, no luck and still no msg indicator light.

Command: status station 8975

does it show a message waiting

Message Waiting: spe or audix

If you don't see it here. The remote lamp will not be lighted.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

avayatier3,

checked st st 8975 and message lighting: was blank. so my question is will this be possible with type: GRPEXT or will i have to change extension type to something else. and how do i change message waiting: to either spe or audix. thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back