Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting indicator does not dial voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volguy7

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
I actually have 2 questions. I have one user in my system (33oo ICP) which, when she has a message indication on her 5212 IP phone and chooses the voicemail button is prompted for an extension which is not our voicemail extension. It's almost as if the voicemail button on her phone was programmed with something incorrect. Does anyone know how to change this.
Second Question: This same user has one message in her voicemail, which I choose to keep after logging in, but her indicator continues to flash. Thanks in advance.

Are you sure the MWI is on because the VM turned it on, or is it possible there's a callback message from somewhere else active? Both will use the same MWI, you only can tell the difference after pressing the Message key and looking at the display.

1.One of the VM boxes configured to notify this extension when new VM arrives. If you dial the VM pilot and VM system cannot match ext number and VM box it will prompt you to enter VM box number.
2. If you select to keep message new so it will not turn the MWI off. You still have a new message (naturally)

Lundah, I don't think it's because VM turned it on, but how would I know that there's some other notification? When I press the message key, it doesn't show the pilot number for VM, but the extension of another multiline phone in my system.
Slapin, I'm not sure what you meant on #1, but when I dial the pilot number from this user's set, the system recognizes the proper extension. As for #2 I only chose to keep (k), there are no other options I am aware of.

press the message key with the handset in the cradle. The softkeys on the phone will allow you to Read Call or Erase the message. Read it first to find out who you have to slap around.

Consistancy... Is only a virtue when you're not a total screwup.

Alright, so it gets weirder.

One user has a blinking message waiting light, when I log into her mailbox, there are no messages yet the light is still blinking. When she presses the messsage waiting indicator instead of dialing our voicemail pilot, it dials the extension of another user in our system.
The user whos extension her button dials also is prompted to dial her extension when he presses his message waiting button. Any ideas? there are no softkeys since this is a 5212.

The users are using their message keys (or the Console) to send messages to each other.

As you have determined, this creates tech support issues.

I would start by disabling the Send Message function for everyone except the voicemail (COS Option)

For the sets without softkeys, I would use a set with softkeys and re-register the phone (Replace the MAC Address) and use the softkeys to remove the msg waiting.

Thanks everyone for your help so far....but of course, it's not going to be that easy. I used set relocation to put in 5224's for both users with callback notifications for each other. Starting with the user at extension 537, I press the message button and it asks to dial extension 555 (not my VM pilot), so I click yes, and then callback that user. This is and of itself does not clear the light. So, other than that, what softkeys will clear the message? I could find no other way to clear that function using softkeys.

Dialing MWI feature code will turn it off if nothing else holding it.

That would be FAC #33 on my system. I get "invalid" when I dial it. Is there a COS I need to allow to be able to do this?

program a button with this code #33<ext>. It should accept it.

Sorry, I should have mentioned you may need to enable the Message Iquiry option in the sets COS.

This will allow you to read/erase the message if necessary.

The MWI FAC only works on dialed message waiting, not callback messages.

Enable Multiline Set Voicemail Callback Message Erasure Allowed in the set COS and then use the Message key to naviagte with the softkeys to Erase the Callback message. The lamp will go off as well when the user at the far end answers the phone, this completes the callback.

Make sure you disable Send Message for everyone so this doesn't become a regular occurance, else you get to use it as an excuse to slap ppl upside the head.

COs set and message cleared. Thank you.

Send message disabled and user slapped.

Thank everyone for your time and help.

Wouldn't you know it, I get in to work today and what is my first call of the day, MWI won't clear!

It was a callback message, user has erase enabled. Walk user through the Message key, Callback hit Yes, You have no messages. WTF?!?!?

Eventually figured out that the set has a single line appearance which has a mailbox associated to it. Since there was no associated set for MWI it lights the lamp of the first member where the non prime number appears.

Just a FYI incase it happens to some of you out there.

Good Point MitelTech.

This also occurs when you have a Huntgroup with keylines on multiple sets.

If there is a MB assoc with the hunt group, the first set that was programmed with the Key Lines will get a message indication.

The set that gets the indication may change after an upgrade or restore of the database as well.

I think I have this issue this morning as well. This set is multiline and I cannot clear the message when dialing into voicemail. So how do I go about finding out if it has another appearance somewhere?

Volguy7, look at Multiline set key assignment, find any keys on the set. If any are Single Line, they are related to this set only. If any are Multi or Key system, then they are on this set as well as others. To find if this set is Prime for a multi or key system, go to Multiline set Group assignment and look up each appearance, the first set listed is prime. If any of those sets have an assoiciated mailbox but do not have a physical plid then it will light the lamp on the first associated set instead.
That may not make a lot of sense as typed, kind of hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back