Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message waiting indication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellpatrick

Technical User
Feb 11, 2012
CA
customer has two phones that have a message waiting key on them for another extension. when there is a message left there they lift the handset and press the key to log into the other mailbox. since I have upgraded them to MCD 6 this no longer works. If they press the button with the phone on hook, it works, then they can lift the handset. if they lift the handset first, then press the key, they get a busy tone and "NOT ALLOWED" is displayed. Is this something in COS? what am I missing?

Interesting,

I too observed this on a system that I recently upgraded to Rel 6.0.

It was not a system that I normally support so I just left it alone rather than spend the time to troubleshoot.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Found the answer somewhere else. It is a bug in 6.0 PR1. Fixed in SP1. Workaround is to go to call coverage services form and enter the VM pilot in the Voicemail tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back