Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message status - opened

Status
Not open for further replies.

wurzil

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
GB
2 days ago we upgraded our Groupwise from 5.5 to 5.55, and everything went OK
apart from one little major problem!

Every email that is now sent to us is automatically replied to with "Message Status - delivered" then "Message Status - Opened" when the email is opened, adn finally if the email is deleted, the sender gets "Message Status - Deleted"
Needless to say a lot of our clients are not impressed with these messages.
How can I stop them???
Novell 4.2, we use GWIA. For now I have had to use content barring to stop the notifications getting to the original senders, but I now have an internal mailbox filling up very quickly!

Regards

Go to Tools, then Options... click on the Mail tab. At the bottom is Return Notification. Turn both off. Jennifer Sigman
Code-borrower extraordinaire
"They call us public servants for a reason..."

Sorry, my brain's faster than my fingers. Tools --> Options --> Send. Jennifer Sigman
Code-borrower extraordinaire
"They call us public servants for a reason..."

thanks for replying - but both are set to None by default.

I;ve since found out that it may be some Groupwise troubleshooting option that's been turned on, does this ring any bells? if so, how do I turn it off?

regards

Sounds like your inbound/outbound Gateway settings may have it programmed on.

fixed it!!! in the Gwia, in the Optional gateway settings, under outbound status message, it was set to Full. should only be Undelivered or none!

Thanq everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back