Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlwnd

MIS
Nov 8, 2005
US
Has anyone ever seen message skipping. Not like a cell cut out, but an actual piece of the .wav file missing.

Ex. A caller leaves a phone number but the first three are obviously not there. "you can call me at (blank) 5555" and continues talking...

IPO 406
3.1.(48)

Also, happens when playing greetings, not all of the greeting is played...

I have, but it also happened on AA messages and user greetings as well. It was random and intermittent.

We ended up placing a different PC, I haven't gotten around to trying to diagnose the original machine but the replacement works fine.

This first thing that came to mind is memory on the VMPro PC, either not enough or defective.

I tried the replacement PC route...

The original - Dell PE 1650 2 Gb. RAM 3 SCSI 36 Gg. HDD
Server 2003.

The replacement - Dell Opti GX270 - 1 Gb. RAM SATA single 36 Gb.

Same on both....

since there is not an overwhelming response and no other clients have the problem, it does not appear to be a global symtom....anyway, don't waste your breath on me, if I figure it out, I will post it.

How is you network card configured?

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

I have tried both auto and 100/half. I have tried it through a switch and straight into the IPO...

I had same problem on PC running XP home. Replaced with new Dell running XP Pro and has worked fine since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back