Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message paragraph cut off short

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanpaterson

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2000
GB
Has anynoe heard of a problem between two Exchange 5.5 servers (Outlook98 clients) that cuts paragraphs off?

We have a place in Sweden that uses Exchange 5.5, same as us, but when we send them emails, the paragraphs are cut off, attachemnts are ok, but the emails no matter what format we send them in (HTML,Plain,RTF) always miss out ends of paragraphs. This only happens with our Swedish branch, never happens with any other company and they receive emails ok from every other company also.

It's driving me nuts, please, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

AP

I've seen a problem similar to this. The problem was to do with the colour of the text. Try setting different font colours for the messages in Outlook, under Tools, Options, Mail Format, Fonts.

Well, it even does it in plain text mode where you can't set the colour or font...

I am having the same challenge. Does anyone have any other ideas in resolving this?

Thanks in advance.

~Justin

Justin,

The problem was with the actual ISP software and NOT the exchange servers. Contact the ISP's and tell them the problems your having, our Swedish ISP had a weird and not so wonderful mail forwarding program which cut the ends of our paragraphs.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back