Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

message light stopped working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2005
US
I've one acd phone and a new non acd phone. The acd person wanted the new phone installed at her desk with her DID exten to appear on the new non acd phone. It is a non acd on key 6 not MARP. I've check the MARP on all phones concerned and looks fine. She has tons of messages but her light doesn't go on.
I deleted appearance from 2nd phone, cleaned out mail box and still no light on acd phone message light.
I have other phones in the office with line appearances of other lines and no problem. What am I doing wrong?

check this prompt 1st, ld 22 prt parm... see if marp is turned on.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Marp is on the dn of acd phone.
Marp is not on the exten of line appearence

marp has to be on the dn that you want to have a msg light on or use a xmwk key, my question was, check ld 22 to see if marp is on in your switch. often when dn's are ,moved and the marp is moved, if marp is not on, the lamp will not move. marp is off by default. before you trouble a single set, take a second to see if it's a bigger problem. i have helped techs out that were outing keys to get lamps to work and putting them back in. the trouble was the marp prompt.. when i got to this site with 7000 stations, marp was not on. and forwarding reflected that as well as lamps.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Usually when we have a problem with the message waiting light, one of the following work:

Unplugging the phone from the jack and plugging it back in, or in our Octel messaging system we disable message waiting, save the setting, then re-enable message waiting and save the setting.

You may have to send a test message too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back