Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message lamp indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

sav01

Technical User
Apr 22, 2005
US
Hi

We have a customer site where they record all out bound calls via VM Pro. No users have VM in operation and all users are virtual users as they move desks frequently. We recently upgraded all their handsets to Digital 5410's. Now the message lamp indicator is constantly lit because their outgoing calls are being recorded into their mailboxes. Is there any way to switch the lamp off permanently? I have tried averything I can think of but have had no luck.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Why don,t you save the outbound calls to an other mailbox so the light will not lit.

Greets Peter

I did propose this however the customer wasn't interested as they wanted to be able to differentiate the calls by the folder in which VM pro places them automatically.

So what they say is they don,t want to solve the problem but only want to talk about it.

Then i would open the phone and pull out the light.

Greets Peter

So create a special mailbox for each user and set their phones to log to that. If their extension is 201, their special box would be 699201.

That would achieve both requests "do it, and make them separate".

Hope this helps...

Kris

It looks as though we will have to do something like that, and hope that the new users don't create too many issues with call logging software which can only report on a finite number of extensions. I was hoping we could just turn the light off but through my reading it doesn't appear that this is possible.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Chris

Again Contact store was suggested however the money men won't pay. They prefer that one of their guys on site wastes a lot of time trawling through wav files and renaming and archiving them all manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back