Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Lamp Ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iriestar

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2002
I have an extension with message light always on...How can I find out which voice mail is pointing to that ext. without going through all 200 extensions?

G3v6i

Thanks
Irie

Do it the other way around,
go into audix, do a list subscriber, and see which voicemailbox is assigned to the extension.
If you have a lot of extensions it sometimes is quicker to
do an export from ASA to a text file, and than do a text search within the file.
Can't recall whether the "message lamp extension" field was there allready in v6,
If it is, just export stations from ASA, and look up the matching record in the text file.

Hope this helps

Rob

Go to audix and do a list activity for that ext
you will be able to see if there is any new messages
that are causing the lamp to stay lit.
You can also check the message lamp extension
on the station form in definity and make sure it is not
set for a different extension.

HUH?

Do a disp st XXXX to see what extension the MWI is set for.

I think I'm not reading the question correctly. Please let me know if I am.

Thanks!

Sorry I was not clear.

I have ext A, the light is always on and there is no messages in the mailbox for ext A. I suspect that there is an ext using ext A as a covering extension. How can I figure out which st is pointing to Ext A.

Thanks

Irie

Someone probably fat fingered a LWC message to the the phone. Never-the-less, however it happened, fix it by:

1) go to page 2 of "change system feat". Add your ext to the Stations with System-wide Retrieval Permission.
2) program a cov-msg-rt, NEXT, and delete button on your phone.
3) press the cov-msg-rt, enter the ext, press next, press delete.
-CL

you could also do a clear amw all XXXX (XXXX=the extension).

You may be able to do a status station A to see what is up with it, but I think that your problem is where you have the Message Lamp Ext. pointed to on the first page of your station form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back