Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message key on 3904

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdrago

Technical User
Jan 14, 2008
PR
Hello there!

If a user wants to check the mailbox, the spets are:
1) Pickup a line (ex: key 0)
2) Press Message key (MWK 7000)
3) Enter extension number and # (ex: 7999#)
4) Enter password and # (ex: xxxx#)

Is there a way to simplify this process? Let say:
1) Press Message key
2) Enter password and #

I try with XMWK 7000 7999 but it dosent work. I can't reprogram key 16 with XMWK and when i try to program it in another key it says:
---
XMWK key cannot be associated with PDNs.
Configure XMWK key for a non-PDN.
---

1. get dialtone (key 0)
2. press message key
3. press # sign
4. enter password #

this will save one step.

You can auto it w/o a pwd if you want it that simple.

Mato' Was'aka

I wouldn't advise using Auto Login, but that would be the fastest.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Why are you trying to use XMWK? are you trying to check someone else's Vmail?

"I try with XMWK 7000 7999 but it dosent work"

If you are calling from a DN that is assigned to the mailbox you are logging into just hit the # at the mailbox prompt. You will still have to enter the password like normal. If you are not calling from a DN assigned to that mailbox you MUST enter the mailbox number.

I was trying XMWK to avoid entering the DN... now I see that with a simple # the same effect can be acomplished :)

Anyway, I dont understand why there is a "Message" that first needs to have an DN pickuped... I dont know much about telephony, but it's common sense to just press that key and nothing else to access the mailbox.

Im new here at my work, but people that have more than 5 years in the company are telling me that que "Message" key is not working because when the hit the key, nothing happens! And they are rigth, I didnt know that first you must pick a DN and THEN the Message key.

It's been that way for 25 years and Nortel won't change it because you don't like it.

The problem is the people there where never trained or they didn't listen. and its not logical to push the message button and get into your mailbox, what if you wanted to check your Vmail from someone elses phone, how would the phone know it's you and not the owner of the phone. also it might be a secturary checking her boss number that's on her phone, well unless she pushed his extn how would the phone know she wanted to check his Vmail?

Think about it.

Besides that there is a feature that would accomplish that and automatically log in but then anyone could walk up to your phone and get your messages. Ever heard of hacking? Industrial espionage? any other thing you can think of.

Also if your a health provider, it would be a crime to do it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back