Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message IVD 000OUT 00000005 0000FF.... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcalcano

MIS
Mar 24, 2006
PR
I got this message all the way, what does it mean.
IVD 000OUT 00000005 0000FF60 00004002 F2CDEB51
IVD 000OUT 00000005 0000FF60 0000400D F2CDEB52
and keeps going and going. Non stop

David
Evertec
Puerto Rico

disable those two tn's or do a trace on them

Code:
.conv 4002

=>  064 0 00 02

.conv 400d

=>  064 0 03 01

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sounds like he is having trouble with the IVD bus on his remote carrier. David, do you have remote sites?

There are 5 fields in these error messages. John was focusing on the 4th field. Do you see where he pulled the info to perform the conversion? OK tell us what fields are changing and what fields stay the same. For the fields that change from message to message (let's say fields 1, 2, 3 and 5 are always the same) how many differances there are to field 4 are there 20 or so (30? 40?) different messages that repeat in field 4? Here's where we learn the good stuff David, don't know about you but I learn the most when the equipment breaks.

NTOldTimer, the only field that stays the same is 000 Out, all the rest keep changing, and yes is when things break that we learn, I have a main gabinet, a second one just beside that one and a remote 3Km. away conected thru a fiber daugtherboard to the main one. Thats about it and a Rl. 22.35 on the software, just in case. Thanks for any help guys.

David
Evertec
Puerto Rico

OK so is the remote cabinet loop 64? If so, that 4th field will probably be 00004xxx all of the time (xxx being the variable characters in that field). If not then that field is not reflecting the TN like we thought. There is an IVD bus (Integrated Voice and Data)on both sides of the signaling path (one in the CE and one the IPE shelf) and apparently the codes are pointing to that IVD bus. Do you have an Option 11? I'd reset the remote fiber card first. Maybe just power down the remote cabinet for 5 minutes or so, 10 minutes if you have the patience and opportunity. While you're waiting just carefully back out the fiber board and let it sit out, I probably wouldn't disconnect the fiber, and I'd be real careful and slow. Put it back just before you power on again. If that doesn't work then you might want to consider powering down the main cabinet. Make sure you let the electrons stop spinning around before you turn it back on.

I will try that and let you know, I am out of the office for a few days, as soon as I can do it will let you know, Thanks.

David
Evertec
Puerto Rico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back