Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Indicator Light & ACD

Status
Not open for further replies.

shurtado

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
US
I have a user that has a 3904 phone that wants to obeserve agents in the call center. This user's DN is on 4 other phones. Currently, MARP is on his phone.

I added ACD to this phone, moved his DN to key 1, w/ MARP. Phone works perfect, however, Message Waiting Light does not work anymore. I printed a list of all tns w/ his DN ---making sure his TN is Marped (which it is). When I remove ACD from his phone and move SCR to key 0, Message lights up.

I have tested this several times and discovered that the system does not recognize his phone as being Marped when I add the ACD.

I also, tested 3 other phones w/ same DN on each. 2- 3904 phones and 1 - 3905 phone as ACD phone. ACD phone was Marped. Message light lit up on the non-marped phones. When I removed the DNs on the 2 phones, message light lit up on the MARPED acd phone.

I have an OPTION 81C w/ Call Pilot

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Stephanie

If you have a message light on a phone that is programmed on ACD phone, the extension cannot be on another phone and have the light work. I have experienced this numerous times, but dealing more with MCR keys on ACD phones.

What has been exlpained to me is:

The mail system is looking for a primary phone that has the extension. When you program a phone to ACD, the ACD key is the primary key and the DN key is no longer recognized by the system.

What happened is that the DN key was in the same position on all the sets. I had to move the DN key to diffrent positions to get it to work. With the DN on the lowest numbered key on the phone you wanted the light to work.

But here is what you can try.

On one of the keys that you can program try this.

key 13 mwk 1234 7777 <-- 7777 is the extension of the mailbox you want to provide a light for.

the phone could look like this.

key 0 acd 1111 0 2222
key 1 nrd
key 2 msb
key 3 scr 7777 MARP
NAME howdy, doody
key 4 scr 7771
key 5 trn
key 6 ao6
key 7
key 8 cfw 4
key 9 adl
key 10 adl
key 11 adl
key 12 adl
key 13 mwk 1234 7777

1234 is your mcdn for voicemail, just like a normal message key and then 7777 is the mailbox you want to show a light for.

Also in CLS have mwa and lmpx.

LMPX will NOT show if you just do a print. It will not show that it is NOT there.

Hope this helps.

John

Unfortunately MARP has nothing to do with Message Indication.
You have two choices.
Assign a new DN that is a single appearance on that user's set. Then set the CallPilot mailbox message indication DN to the new number.
Or remove the other appearances of the user's DN.
Message indication only works on a DN when it is on key 0 or when it is a single appearance.

Steamer

Thanks for all the input! I will give it a try!

Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back