Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message indicator lamp for an additional mailbox? 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team503

MIS
May 28, 2009
US
How do I make the message indicator lamp turn on for an additional mailbox?

For example, user John (x301) has his own mailbox that works fine. There is also an IP User called General Mailbox (x501) that is used by VMPro callflows so that callers can leave a general message.

Currently, there is no way to know if there are new messages in the General Mailbox - I would like to have the indicator lamp of John (x301) to light up for that mailbox as well as his own.

IP 500, 4.2

MCSE, ACA, 12+ years in the IT field

Or plug a phone in next to john and log it on as General mailbox 302. then it can light it's own light!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

So adding V501 to the Source Numbers will not accomplish lighting the lamp?

· V<Caller's ICLID>
For systems using Voicemail Lite or Voicemail Pro, strings prefixed with a V indicate numbers from which access to the users mailbox is allowed without requiring entry of the mailbox's voicemail code. This is referred to as "trusted source".

· For Voicemail Pro running in Intuity mode, trusted source is used for calls from programmable buttons set to Voicemail Collect and Visual Voice. Other controls are prompted for the mailbox number and then password.

I think you may be right, Jamie, as there's no reference to lighting the lamp, while there is for the H<groupname> tag.

Interesting; I would think this would be fairly basic and simple functionality, say, an Administrative Assistance who wants be tied to her boss' voicemail. Hunt Groups seem like a bit of overkill for this method, especially if I had a large number of users to enable it for.

Well, I will assume that the hunt group method is the only method until I have time to call Jenne Monday.

Thanks!

So if the sec want to listen to her bosses voicemail, change his leave action to drop into a group V/M and give them both access to it. Simples!

And be a little bit more thankful when people that have years doing this kit give you advice. The line "Well, I will assume that the hunt group method is the only method until I have time to call Jenne Monday" doesn't sit well. Phone them first next time of you don't like what we have to say on the matter.

Or you could get your wallet out and ring Tier III!!!

Tell Jennes I said hi!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

you will need to access your new GRIP account with avaya and add it as a feature request. Im assuming that by installing 3-4 ipos a month you are a gold partner?

Jamie - I understand how it would work, just seems a lot of work for something I had assumed would be basic functionality. I know, assumptions and all that, but I think it was a reasonable one. Jenne is a distributor ( through whom my employer purchases Avaya products - they provide us unlimited support.

You might find that people get stand-offish when they're made fun of. I know it's the internet and all, and maybe the British sense of humor is different than the Texan one, but when people are generally rude in response to an honest inquiry, they don't tend respond in the warmest manner.

HSM - Honestly, I don't know; I'm the tech, not the owner. Like I mentioned above, we purchase through a distributor, and have had no direct contact with Avaya that I'm aware of. Even my certification course was through Jenne, actually. We're actually very happy with them; they're responsive and flexible. And no, they wouldn't sell to us until we had at least two ACA - Implement IP Office certified staff members. :)

Team503 - i think you are missing our point on this one - the method we proposed IS basic IPO functionality. that's how its done on the IPO. other vendors do it differently, for example the NEC and Alcatel would use a virtual user and have a button illuminate when a message is left on that virtual user.

It really felt like you really weren't listening to the advice and had your own way you wanted to do it, for something that simply wouldn't do that way, when the only method is the one stated.

surely all of us answering your question with the same method might let the penny drop?

The irony is that I use this forum for quick questions when I don't have time to call support because I'm busy at work with the projects stacked a mile high in my inbox."

I, I, I, I.

Cool. glad you think this place is at your beck and call. Must help you sleep to know that your quick questions will be answered in a snap. Thanks for the scraps.

Your original question is NOT possible and I am a certified expert in IP Office. IPO ACE have to take a eight hour lab test. No do overs. I got a 98. Good enough for you?

You can spend 200k+ in Texas dollars to buy CM which does give you that option. Otherwise listen to the other experts here and use a group. We in Atlanta would call your ego and presumptions the size of Texas.

It's people like you who generalize.

well that went south pretty fast. especially considering the answer lies in the first reply.

did i miss anything good in the rtfm thread before it got deleted?

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

P.S - as for your comment about hiding behind the anonymity of the internet, you are welcome to call round and we can discuss it over a lesson on how to program up an IP Office.

I think I got the last post before it disappeared.

I said: Do you keep your stars in a thread that has been deleted or should I RTFM.

It's people like you who generalize.

Looks like HSM is angling for a Tek Tips P**s Up!!!

Jamie Green

Hahaha

I had an email from Dave Murphy saying he deleted the thread.

I didnt confirm I keep the stars. I dont think it did :(

Ohhh.... pissup.....

yeah!

where you all at then?

well im about 3 minutes up the road from your office. matt and jamie and andy are up north, smash is in the uk i think but not sure where, everyone else is abroad, i say we all go visit the guys in holland.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

You're welcome.....I have enough beer so come over.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

I will be there too then :p

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Amsterdam here we come!!!!

Which dealer do you work for Tom???

Jamie Green

ok. Thought it was Aurora.

Jamie Green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back