Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message indicator lamp for an additional mailbox? 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team503

MIS
May 28, 2009
US
How do I make the message indicator lamp turn on for an additional mailbox?

For example, user John (x301) has his own mailbox that works fine. There is also an IP User called General Mailbox (x501) that is used by VMPro callflows so that callers can leave a general message.

Currently, there is no way to know if there are new messages in the General Mailbox - I would like to have the indicator lamp of John (x301) to light up for that mailbox as well as his own.

IP 500, 4.2

MCSE, ACA, 12+ years in the IT field

There's no difference; it still doesn't light the indicator lamp of the specific individual I want.

I need to know how to light up a specific lamp.

As tom said, you drop the messages to a HG and add H<HG name> in the users source codes for those who need alerting / access to those messages.

You can also then incorporate visual voice for ease of access to that main box.

This is common practice for distributing voicemail alerts to users.

the other option is to use a voice question in VM Pro and then deliver to a HG mail box or an individuals.

Ok, that's fine. I will consider changing everything later.

In the meantime, any chance I can get an answer to the original question?

ROFL.....shouting RTFM

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

The irony is that I use this forum for quick questions when I don't have time to call support because I'm busy at work with the projects stacked a mile high in my inbox.

I appreciate that (some of) you are helping out on your own time. I appreciate that the solution provided would work. I also appreciate that I do not want to implement that solution, and would like to use the method I originally requested.

If (some of) you guys want to be facetious instead of helpful, go ahead; it's the interwebs after all, and you should feel free to anonymously be rude if you like.

However, if you'd like to get over your superiority complexes, I would like to would point out that I asked a simple question - that is, how to make one user's indicator lamp turn on for another user's mailbox - and I haven't gotten an answer to that. It's kind of like asking someone what the best shoes are for drum brakes and being told to upgrade to disc brakes - sure, it's a better solution, but there's lots of reasons someone might not want to do it.

I haven't been even slightly rude to anyone, at all, and I apologize if you interpret any of these comments in that manner - it's not intended. I just don't understand why all the attitude is being thrown that way when all I did was ask for the answer to the question I asked.

BTW - I work for an Avaya partner. I've done two or three installs a month for IP Office for the last year. I'm sure that most of you know more about IPO than I do, but I'm not a moron either.

Thank you. :)

You cannot light the light of a phone for messages in another user mailbox. This only works for messgaes left in group mailboxes. As above, change it to a group mailbox and add H<group name/number> into users Source Number.

Why would you use a user as a General mailbox anyway!!!

Or, set the virtual user (General m/b) to email messages to the user John.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

yeah - thinking about it, I dont think adding the V number into another users source code would light up the lamp, only allow access to that mail box.

Its late, and ive been up since 5am, its now 23.40 and im taking out of hours support calls. bah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back