Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message error while sending

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomartinpe

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2006
Hello Forum
After I setup an SBS2003 with Exchange and setup with intelligent host in smtp I receive the following error:

"username@domainname.gob.pe' en 11/22/06 6:46 PM
No tiene permiso para enviar a este destinatario.Póngase en contacto con el administrador del sistema para obtener ayuda. <xxxxxx.com.xx #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied>"

I have re-checked the configuration but I think I'm omitting something. All other emails can be sent without problems, but for certains domains i receive this error message.

All post are welcome.
THanks

Hi Mark
In what part of setup screen do I locate that setting?
What information should I put here? My ISP give me a dinamic IP,which change everyday when I turn off and on the router. Does this setting will remove this message?
Thanks in advance!
JMartin

That is your problem.

You should have a static IP. I don't understand why you would turn your router off and on every day, not doing so should help you renew the same IP.

An RDNS entry is configured on the ISP DNS server.

What you can do is setup an dynamic DNS MX record. Check out Create an MX record, configure your router for the dyndns if it supports it or use the free software available on the dydndns site. Then have your ISP configure your MX record in their DNS to point to the MX record you created in dyndns.

Otherwise live with it and realize that you should encounter problems sending to AOL, Yahoo, MSN, HotMail and MANY other domains that you have not discovered a problem with yet. The requirement for a RDNS entry is a standard thing now and the RIGHT way to fix it is with a static IP.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back