Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message display on access database

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Apr 8, 2006
US
I have an access database that works like a switchboard. It call components (transactions) in other databases. However, when processing a transaction from the switchboard in the other database I would like to display the message from the other (transaction) database in front of the switchboard. Currently, when the message is display is not display in the front of the switchboard. I have to depress the window button to see and/or reply to the message.

Is there anyway that I can display the message in front of the switchboard. Your guidance will be appreciated.

Luis

How are ya 101287 . . .

Could you explain this in a [blue]little more detail ...[/blue]

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see faq219-2884 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

More details:
Have switchboard with buttons. Each button trigger a transaction in another access Databases. The code to trigger the transactions is:
Function PaxRemediation()
Dim siteStr As String
siteStr = "Site1"
Dim objAccess As Access.Application
Set objAccess = New Access.Application
objAccess.OpenCurrentDatabase ("C:\Users\romanla\Documents\acWKSpace\xx\xxx.accdb")
objAccess.Visible = False
objAccess.DoCmd.SetWarnings (True)
objAccess.DoCmd.RunMacro ("mcrETLprocess")
objAccess.DoCmd.SetWarnings (False)
objAccess.CloseCurrentDatabase
objAccess.Quit acQuitSaveAll
MsgBox siteStr & "Process Completed", vbInformation, " SwitchBoard"
End Function
The macro executed display messages that I would like those messages to be displayed in the front of the switchboard instead of displaying in a different windows. Want to be able to display the message front the macro in from of the switchboard. Don't know how to do that.

Any suggestions or coding technique will be appreciated.

Luis

You could try putting a label or unbound textbox on the switchboard itself and set its text/caption property with a message, and visible property to yes/no in VBA.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back