Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message box keeps poping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickyLee

Programmer
Nov 22, 2003
US
I'm doing some ADO programming and this message box that says:
"The file has been modified outside of the source editor. Do you want to reload it?"
The file is msado15.tlh. This happends everything time I type something it pops up. How can I prevent this? Thank you.

The file msado15.tlh is reconstructed every time a file containing the statement #import msado.dll (or so) is compiled.

If the file is opened in a window, the IDE will warn you that the file has been modified outside the IDE.

You don't need to have this file open (Since you shouldn't edit it) - simply close the window.

/JOlesen

1. You keep this file open in a window. While this file is in an open window, each time it is modified you will get this message, because the files changes and VisualStudio should give you the latest modification.
2. I think you have added the file to the project. So you should remove it from the project's list of files. But however it could be in the list of files, if it is not opened you dhould not get this message.

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back