Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message after user logs in 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadySlinger

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm trying to find out if there is a way that i can have messages appear after a user logs in. If possible is there to make it a separate message for each user?

Thanks!
Ladyslinger

Are you in a domain/workgroup?
info about your system is always welcome.

kup,
tnx.

Breakerfall
®º°¨¨°º can you ping me now...GOOD! º°¨¨°º®

Breakerfall - I am going through Windows 2000 Terminal Services.

NortonE32 - It's similar, but the link you gave me was for the message before a user logs in. I'm looking for afterward they log in.

The last job I had it was a Novell/Windows mix, and I remember that Novell would have a greeting message after the user logged in saying like, "Good Afternoon LadySlinger. The time is now 9:02 am". I'm looking for something like that in Windows 2000 TS.

Thanks!
LS

The messages you refer to are generated by the NetWare Logon script, this can be done in either environment.

I will not advise on the content of your logon script as I do not know your environment, but the syntax you are after is

Hello %username% blah blah blah...

you will need to search out some VBscript, ASP, PERL, REXX etc. to generate the pop up window and echo the line to the desktop.

Thanks MSClusterGuy. Guess I gotta do some reading!

Here is the easy solution:

Download Kixtart for logon scripting. This is free and simple to use. It is supported by MS and is included on the resource kit. However, the latest copies are on
The directions for installing this in your domain is listed on the web site. It is very easy to install and the logon scripting is very powerful yet simple.

-hope this helps..

Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out (Sales@njcomputernetworks.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back