Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mesage Waiting Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragj195

Technical User
Feb 11, 2003
GB
Hello

I have a Meridian OPT 51. Does anyone know the codes to set a audible message waiting tone or visible lamp on an analogue or digital extension through an analogue port. Some external voicemail systems that use analogue ports and a voice bridge assign the last voicemail port as a message waiting port. The voicemail system outputs codes such as *41 followed by the extension number through this port to notify users of messages.

Any help would be appreciated

Do you want a tone on a 500 set?

If yes CLS MWA.

If you want a lamp to light, CLS LPA and you also need a 500 type message waiting line card
=========================================================

Do you want a light on a digital set?

If yes CLS MWA

Thanks but what I need to know is the DTMF tones that the voicemil unit sends to the PBX in order to turn the lamp on or off providing the PBX has the correct modules.

You should be able to set lamps and tones to an extension from an analogue phone by entering a string of DTMF codes plus the users extension number. Eg *41 2004, which would set the tone on extension 2004. This is the method that external voicemail systems use to notifiy users of messages. Codes vary between PBX's so I was wondering if anyone knew the Meridian ones.

Thanks again

try this..You can print a complete list of tones and cadences in
LD 56 TYPE = FTC
The Meridain mail indicates to 500 sets with a line reversal and 2000 /3000 sets with a digital message to light any mail indication lamps

Colin

Thanks, I'll have a look. It's a strange one really as I know for a fact the some voicemail systems set notification from an analogue extension connected to the voicemail server. The signal can't be digital if it's connected using a standard modem and a analogue dialogic card in the voicemail server...or can it?! External analogue voicemail system tend to only be able to communicate using DTMF tones.

Thanks

Richard

I was under the impression the only way to turn on/off a lamp was with MESSAGE REGISTRATION/MESSAGE CANCELATION buttons.

I don't believe there is a feature code that can be programmed for this.

Kris

See if you can use load 57 to build feature access codes to enable and disable message lights. CWGA to activate and CWGD to deactivate.

I haven't used this, but it appears to be what you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back