Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MerMail & SLR5

Status
Not open for further replies.

spearce02

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
I just got a SLR5 tape drive to backup my Meridian Mail System and Messages but after wiring it all up - SCSI cable to top SCSI connector of the SLR5 and the terminator in the bottom slot with an ID of 2, when I insert the MerMail card the SLR5 spins for a few seconds and then stops, then after Mermail boots and I try to run a backup, sometimes the drive will not do anything and sometimes it will spin like it is going to backup but in both cases I get an SEER error 1540 and then all heck breakes loose, sometimes I have to restart the Mermail card, sometimes I have to restart the entire switch before everything will work again (ie sometimes in the end I cannot dial out at all, sometimes Mermail will not work and comes up to a BNR screen looking for a password) any help would be greatly appreciated.

i use slr 50 tapes without a problem, i had slr 100's but they failed also, your tape driver may be faulty

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This is a Tandberg SLR5 drive, I read that this is suppose to work with Mermail. I am using SLR5 tapes in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back