Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MerMail losing parts of messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencert

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
My Meridian Mail is dropping parts of vmail messgaes, most often it is the beginning of the message. So far this has never happened to the same mailbox twice. I'm still green on the MerMail so any help would be great.

I would run a SEER (System Event & Error Report),from your Meridian Mail terminal, and look for any errors. The prompts should be 5, 7, 1, 1. If you find some, print the report or jot down the SEER class and number. Then, look theim up in your copy of Nortel publication 555-7001-510 "Meridian Mail Maintenance Messages (SEERs) Reference Manual". If you don't have a copy, you'll have to hunt for it on Nortel's web site-- or you can start another thread and post the errors here.

Seer messages as mentioned may be your best clue - but sounds like hard drive problems - make sure you have some backups.

Thanks guys, SEER showed that VS2 (voice storage) is at 94% capacity. Apparently it has been this way long before I started working on the thing. Looking into going back thru COS and limiting users to less record time to bring that 94% down until we decide on a solution.

Under user admin ( where you would add veiw/modify or delete is also a find key. use this to list all mailboxes. this will show the useage used and you may find one or two mail box hogs

Introduce a policy that each mailbox user should keep their mailboxs clean, and empty them regularly.

tim:)

Try setting the time allowed on each mail box to, say 3 minutes storage (depends on your company), also set your storage time (messages retained) for no more than 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back