Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MerMail Auto Attendant Outdialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrom

MIS
Jan 13, 2003
US
I have an auto attendant set up on Mermail which works fine. Now, the powers that be want sales calls sent to a different location. When I change the Calling Number for the CL entry for sales, and call the AA from an internal phone, it works fine. However, when an outside call comes in and the sales entry is selected, the phone gets dead air -- no fast busy, no dropping the call, etc. The caller is in limbo. I've added the number to the permitted outdialing lists to no avail. I've also tried putting in the trunk number instead of '9', and I've tried setting up a phantom phone that is forwarded to the external number. Calling the phantom phone DID number works correctly (from outside), but doesn't work from the auto attendant. I do have trunk-to-trunk tansfers allowed as well. I've missed something, does anyone have some direction to allow this?

What is the NCOS levels on both the DID's and Mail ports?

NCOS on the Mail ports is 7.
For the auto attendant DID I've got it set up as an ACD -- I don't think I can set an NCOS on an ACD as a placeholder (and that may be the problem -- I may need to make it a phantom, too).
NCOS on the outgoing phantom is 5.

What is the NCOS of the DID's themselves. If you print a TNB of one DID member you will be able to see what it is. If you use the ACOD you may still have troubles depending on the number you are dialing and how CLS, and TARG are set. In most cases the default NCOS for trunks is 0.

That NCOS is also 5.
I've followed through BARS and the permissions all seem to be right, and the fact that I can call the phantom number DID that is CFW'd to the external number and that works indicates that the incoming DID can do outcalling.

Here's the phantom for outcalling:

TN 064 0 00 07 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 0666 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT 0600
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
LNRS 16
XLST
SCI 0
CLS UNR DTN FBD XFA WTA THFA FNA HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWA (ACTIV) SWA MWD RMMA SMWA LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LNA TVA
CFTA SFA MRA C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUA DPUA CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTA LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUA CNAD PGND FTTU
RCO 0
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
RMTN
FTR CFW 16
FTR DCFW 12 91XXXXXXXXXX
DATE 9 DEC 2004

One of the VM ports:
DES VMAIL
TN 010 0 00 00
TYPE 2008
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
KLS 1
FDN
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 7
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTD ADD
MWD RMMD SMWD AAD IMA XHD IRD NID OLD VCE
POD DSX VMA CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDD
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID MSID BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN
HUNT
PLEV 02
SPID NONE
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 7799 0 2238
AGN
01 SCN 2138 0 MARP
02 MSB
03 NRD
04 RLS
05 RLS
06 TRN
07 AO6
DATE 28 FEB 2002

Try and set up the 0666 as an acd que with the ncfw to the 91XXXXXXXXXX and see if that works when dialed directly. Are the CO lines supervised, I mean the in and out bound trunks. It will be supv yes in the tn.

I set up an ACD as you suggested. Works fine for internal, but from external, I do get the all trunks busy message.
All our CO lines are PRI, with an NCOS of 0.
I don't think supervision applies to these (and aren't listed on the TN print)

If they are PRI lines Supervision is not an item. You need to change the NCOS on your PRI lines to allow the call to be made. I would suggest setting as low as possible so it can still dial the number you want. This should resolve your problem. Another option is to build an RLI just for that NPA to allow a lower ncos than 5 to be assigned.

OK, I'll give it a try. This does make sense, since I tried using a local number (in the same exchange as the switch) and it worked correctly. I do have 2 PRI's, so I can set up a route on the 2nd PRI with the change in NCOS and hopefully everyone will be happy.

Thanks!

SET IT UP AS AN ACD QUE BUT USE THE ROUTE ACCESS CODE INSTEAD OF 9.

ncfw 7000 11234567890

JC Walters
2K Communications Inc.
Columbia, SC

If that doesnt work look in your routes and see if TGAR is set 01. If so go in to rdb and out the tgar xnn

JC Walters
2K Communications Inc.
Columbia, SC

your voice mail tn is set to cfxd ?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back