Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Voice Mail Administrator Voice Mail Password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsaldana

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
I just inherited the responsibility of the phone system. I have the book with instructions to set up voice mails, etc., but I cannot access the administrator's voice mailbox to do so. The voice mail box is 9997# but I cannot figure out the password or find it in the paperwork left behind. Is there a way to reset the password or find out what it is?

Is it a stand alone voice mail? What does the label say?

MFurrer@charter.net

Please pardon my ignorance. But where do I find the label you are referring to? On the phone itself?

He is referring to one on the VOICE MAIL UNIT itself.

You are looking for a 6 digit number.

When you dial into your voice mail (hit message button)what is the first thing you hear the "lucentlady" say?

I am trying to find out what that 6-digit number is. The recording says "Welcome to Audix. For Help at any time press * H."

Audix is not what I was talking about when I said 6 digit number.

AUDIX is so very different.

The old Merlinman will not be able to help with this one....

I bet if you post this on the definity forum, someone might be able to help you.

MFurrer@charter.net

That book that you have can be used to start a nice warm fire in your fireplace.

You should have a terminal connected to the audix system. Login as "sa" and enter password.

9997 is the admin mailbox for Merlin voicemail systems and is NOT an admin mailbox for audix.

franke

I have a similar situation. I have just inherited a Vmail extension that was the conference room. Nobody here remembers the password for it. Is there an over-ride password my Sysadmin can use to back door this extension without losing the voicemails on it?

thanks!

Marty

Very Simple, If it's a stand alone V.M., I hope you mean it's wall mounted but not inside the legend system, and it can also be like a computer, but if your administration mailbox is 9997# it, is a merlin mail, you have to find the serial number on this unit ( voicemail ) it should be a six caracter number, dial the v.m., enter 9997# and password will be the serial number, then there is a reset button on the card or unit,or you can power down the voicemail, after it comes up you can input a new password

No, he doesn't want to reset the administrator's password, he want to reset the password on a mailbox that used to belong to the conference room.

So in this case, if it is a Merlin Mail, an 007MLM module, or a Merlin Messaging, your system administrator logs into the system administrator's mailbox, selects the option for mailboxes (or extension in Merlin Messaging), and follows the prompt to re-initalize the password. (Being sure NOT to use the prompt to re-initalize the MAILBOX, which will wipe out the messages that are in it.)

Now the password will either be reset to 1234 (early Merlin Mail) or erased and need to be re-entered then next time you log into the mailbox.

Now if you have Audix, it will need to be done from the Terminal:

If the user has forgotten the password, the administrator must reset it via the system administrator terminal because the password field does not display for security reasons.

On the AUDIX PATH type:
[ subscriber local ] and press [ Return ] to access the subscriber : local form.

[ Tab ] once, enter the mailbox extension in the 'ext.' field and press [ F8 ] to populate the mailbox information (the password field is blank for security reasons).
[ Tab ] to the 'password' field.
Clear the old password by filling the field with numerics, for example, 999999999999999, then backspacing to delete all digits. (Remember - the password doesn't show up so we must proceed as if it is the maximum length. If just the first few digits are overwritten, the ending digits may not change and we still won't know the correct password).
The 'password' may then be left blank or any numeric password may be entered.
Press [ F1 ] to complete the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back