Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin system blanks out caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancestudio

Technical User
Sep 25, 2000
US
My wife and I Purchased a building with a merlin phone system in it. We cannot get the caller ID to work with the merlin plugged in. I can bypass the merlin and it works. Any suggestions?? [sig][/sig]

I have the same problem, it seems the signal sent with callerid info needs to be stronger on the legend system than on a callerid box, for this much money go figure. Check for excessive wiring or taps on the incoming co lines that may reduce the signal.

What software version are you using? Are all your modules caller ID ready? raysantellana@yahoo.com

Cabling Ray is correct you need to have caller id able modules.

Faffy

The modules (ards) need to be caller id capable, example:

800 GS/LS ---no id
800 GS/LS ICLID caller id capable

Give em a list of your cards and I'll tell you whta you need to replace.

Just as an aside... I found a site on the net here Very reasonable prices for these systems. They are a reseller and don't do installs outside of the Detroit Metro area. I am an end user only and have no connection to this company. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back