Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Messaging won't play night message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushrog

Technical User
Feb 18, 2008
US
I have Merlin Messaging integrated into a Magix. It is set to be switch controlled. We are only using AA number one. It has both day and night messages recorded. It responds to extension transfer and all prompts, however it will not play the night message when the button is pushed at Attendant 100. The magix is going into night because all calls go to a calling group at night, and calls can be answered by the group. The Magix is set to ring the calling group 6 times, then go to AA if not answered. This is happening, it just won't play the night message.

I would set the night schedule using the merlin messaging (business schedule) in this case. Then, set the system to follow both the business schedule and the system mode (this is set in the merlin messaging). That way, it will cover to the group at night when the button is pushed as well as play the appropriate menu (which will follow the business schedule set under AA1). If you listen to the prompts under auto-attendant 1, you will see where you set the business schedule.

I figured out what was causing the problem. I had three consoles, only one of which had night a service button. The other 2 have to be in night service also, even though they have nothing to do with the Auto Attendant. I assigned them buttons, put them in night service and control the whole thing from the main console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back