Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Messaging R2.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvfrc183

Technical User
Mar 7, 2013
US
I have a Merlin Magix 4.0 V7.0. I purchased a a Merlin Messagin r2.0 off Ebay. After i installed it into the rack and powered up the rack, the system booted up for about 5 seconds and then shut down. The system will not boot up unless i remove the Merlin Messaging. Does this indicate the board is shot or do i need to do something internally or physically before adding it to the rack?

If the messaging is taking the whole system down, there is something bad with the module. That should not happen. It won't work until it is programmed properly, but adding the module will not completely disable the rest of the system.

You could also try removing the hard drive from the Merlin Messaging, put the Messaging back in the Magix, and then see if the system comes up. If it does then you have a bad hard drive. If not then there is a serious problem with the Messaging module.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

This is a complete shot in the dark.... Isn't there a restriction of the number of a particular type of module that can be installed inside a carrier? I can't remember the specifics.....but putting 4 or more of these modules inside a single carrier prevents it from coming up?

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

There are "load restrictions" for each cabinet. I wouldn't think that is an issue unless they have all 016MLX cards or all 024TDL cards as extension cards add the most to the load.

i have the rack loaded with 016mlx but am only using two. When i get a chance i will remove everything i am not using and try again...

My theory won't apply in this instance...but here is what I was thinking.....

Lastly, there can be any combination of the following three -5v dc modules per carrier, but do
not exceed three per carrier (If you exceed three –5v dc modules in a single carrier, the
system will fail to come on-line.):

MAGIX/LEGEND processor
 Merlin Messaging Module
 100D module
 100 DCD module
 100R INA Module
 800 BRI Module

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor