Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Messaging Outcalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelecomAvatar

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2006
US
I have a customer with a Merlin Messaging on a Magix 2.0. The Messaging is a version 2.5 or 3.5. They want to be able to outcall more then the five numbers in one particular mailbox. Is there a way to forward calls automatically to another mailbox to do this? Or is it even possible to dial more than five numbers?

No - there is not - at least not that I am aware of. You could - I guess set aside one of their lines - as a private line to an extention - have that extention go to VM immediately - and setup outcalling for it's mailbox to another set of numbers. Have that private line as the last number in the outcalling sequence of the first (original) mailbox. - but I will not promise it will work.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

What about auto copy? I was reading about that in the 3.0 manual. Sorry the messaging is a 3.0. Would auto copy work?

I don't think so - but you could always test it out.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Yes, autocopy to a 2nd mailbox, and they both could outcall - but you'd have two people being called simultaneously.

It would not be at the same time if you staggered the times for outcalling correct?

The 1st call from each mailbox would be placed at the same time, then the minimum time between outcalling attempts comes into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back