Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstcomm

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
I'm sure this is an easy one. I'm working on my first Legend system. I have worked with other systems and V/M, but this is the first time I've worked on any Avaya system.
So far, I've done O.K. getting the system configured. I'm working on a Merlin Legend r7 with an integrated V/M card. I've got the mailboxes assigned and the coverage delay at 4 rings. The V/M ports 108-111 are in group 770 and my extensions are in group 30. I can call an extension using the intercom and the V/M will answer the call. I can transfer an outside line to an extension and the V/M will answer the call. I have also managed to get the AA to answer the incoming calls. The trouble I am having is when the AA transfers a call, it rings on the line not the intercom and the V/M will not pick up this call. Another concern I have at this point is that in addition to having the coverage delay at 4 rings (which I have) I need to have the V/M pick up immediately when the extension is busy and didn't see this type of option in the coverage.

Any advice would be a great help. And if there is any other inside knowledge that can't be deciphered from the books that i havn't run into yet it would be greatly appreciated also.

Thanks in advance,

First, the great thing about avaya is you can download manuals in PDF format at Avaya.com. Go to this website and look up documentation. They have several manuals on Merlin Mail for Legend. I just directed a customer to their site today and they were able to fix a few minor things with no problems. Second, there is a setting on the legend to turn inside coverage on or off. Get into central tel. prog. for the selected extension, select a button, and then press list feature. You should see something that says Cover Inside. Check to see if coverage for inside calls is turned on. Default setting is for on but I've ran into systems where inside coverage was turned off. If the ext. is busy calls should be directed to VM, or you can assign a Do Not Disturb button to the phone so when DND is turned on calls are routed directly to VM. Hope this helps. I am fairly new with Magix/Legend so I burned almost all of these pdf files to a CD and it stays in my laptop at all times.

Thanks for the reply. I had already changed the system from key system to PBX then back to key system (I was just experimenting with system). This was before your reply, so when I checked the inside line was 'on'. When I did a retest after the system restart the V/M was picking up the AA transferred calls. So, I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but it is working properly now.

So, I gather this system doesn't have a forward on busy option. Do-not-disturb isn't really an option because the customer only wanted calls to go direct to V/M IF they were on the phone. They can live with the delay; so that's that.

All in all this seems like a good system; although the headset operation is about the lamest set up I've worked with. A separate button for 'status, hang-up, mute and auto answer is a bit much. They should copy the Norstar setup.

Well this system is installed now, so thanks again.

I assume you are fmailiar with Norstar systems... forward on busy and forward no answer are nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back