Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin mail voice power

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerace

Technical User
Oct 24, 2003
US
Hi We got from a local bussines. We are trying to hook this up to out Merlin Legend switch. I have looked at alot of post from the past somone said it could be done but it did not say how to do it. What do I need

I have

1)335A adapter
1)408 gs/ls-mlx
1)016 with ring gen
1)008 mlx
R7 procc

I have tried to use the admin manuals but still cant figure it out.

The voice mail system is
AUDIX Voice Power
Release 2.1.1

Thanks all for your help

The Burning question is, what are you trying to do with this??

Well, Thats what I do intend to use it for. Voice mail ( about 10-12 users) and an auto attendant that can be turned on by the main user. I do not care how many people can use it at one time. There is I believe a 2 port card in the system.

Thanks
Simon

Hi I have another question If I take a hard drive from Inuity system We have here but has a bad Mother board. Can I use that hard drive? I dont know if they are compatable VP and Inuity. I dont want to ruin anything we dont have a Maints contract i do it all. Thats just to expensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated, We need to get our systems back up and runnging soon. now we are using a single line phone and an ansering machine after hours so its a mailbox for all......

I belive that the hard drives have a different type of conection The inuity has smaller pins closer together and voive powers drive is the connection like a normal PC drive. There is i think a card tho that it connects to in the INY. and mabey you can take that out and put it in the vp. but i have had no luck with mine in the past and i have tried alot of thinks since i got it.... but somome else here knows more than me...
Can somone verify if the card in the INY can go in the VP.

I hope that helps you....

I don't believe that they are compatible either.

The old Audix's on the legends... The ports hook up the 016, and those ports are the members of your VM hunt group. Is this what you're looking for? The set up/integration and programming of it?

KILLBOX

Well I dont think that will help as they are not compatable. Thanks

WHAT if
I take a PC and put the inuity hard drive and cards in the PC. Will that work? The cards fit. What do i need to do to make the Inuity HD work in a PC?

Thanks
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back