Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail R3 "Please return call" 7000 messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedphones

Vendor
Oct 11, 2005
US
R3 - 2port, external (pretty sure it's 3.05). We relocated a legend a couple of weeks back and since then, the Mail keeps leaving messages in a few mailboxes with it's own voice saying "please return call". The time/date tag says "Message from 7131" which is one of the vm ports on the 012 card. Checked Hunt group 770 to be sure the correct ports are connected to the mail so they were Integrated VMI. I thought maybe a noisy port??? Anyone run into this? The mailboxes have upwards of 7000 messages in 48 hours.

it looks like someone has posted a message from 7131 to those stations and using the return call feature if I remember right. try and find a manual to explain its been to long, the other I remember is #751extension number of the posted message
but it is the personal posted message

sorry can't help more, brain fade

Thanks, I will check. I think in Maintenance > System there is a clear MWI indicator command, but not sure if that's only for lamps ignited by the mail or also the manual type. I will see what happens and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back