Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail "NO SYSTEM or BAD SYSTEM on boot disk!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrothwell

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2010
US
Merlin Mail R3:

"NO SYSTEM or BAD SYSTEM on boot disk!"

Voicemail was not working, connected to PC and gave the above message on boot.

From the message it seems like the HD is corrupted or something. When it boots, I can hear the HD running. I can hear data being read for about 2 seconds and then nothing else happens.

I checked all of the internal connections and nothing is loose.

Is the system trash or is there any way of repair?

Also, is there any information out there about Merlin Mail R 7.5? It has a later release number so I would think that it was newer but from what I could find it is actually Release 2.

Thanks,
Jason Rothwell

Yes, it sounds like your HD is shot.

A few people can service these, I think I have found some help at one time at:

stcg.com

As far as the R 7.5, I am not sure what that is exactly.

Is it a CARD that fits in a slot or ????

Regarding the 4-port Merlin Mail R7.5:

1. Though your product is not specifically listed, it's 2-port "sister" (MER MAIL HI R7.5 PKG 2PT with COMCODE 407170927) appears on page #5 in Avaya's End-of-Sale Notice for the MAGIX. There's a copy of the notice at
2. Though the item above became effective on April 2006, Avaya announced "Extended Support Eligibility" for the product (see page #3 of where COMCODE 407170935 IS specifically listed). That document is from 2008, and unless you are already covered under an existing maintenance contract with Avaya, I doubt you could get support for it.

3. If the problem is that you've got a dead system with old messages that MUST be retrieved, there are people here--nudge, nudge--that can help you out with that. I know it wouldn't be MY first rodeo.

4. If the unit is working and you simply need documentation, you can find it or a similar product's manual at support.avaya.com for free.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back