Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail- inconsistent behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

vyrys

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2012
US
Howdy again,

as of late, our MLM 007 has been a little inconsistent.

Sometimes people try to dial 770 and they don't get an answer, then they do next time.
Sometimes when calling people, their phone just rings and never goes to voice mail, then it will next time.

I asked all users to try and delete any unnecessary messages just in case the system was getting full. Didn't help.

Anyone seen this behavior before?

thanks

It usually means one of the voicemail ports has gone bad. If you know how to check what extensions are the voicemail ports you can call them individually and see which ones are picking up and which are not. Once you know which is the bad port, you can take that port out as a voicemail member. It is a band-aid and not a fix.

I believe you are correct.

I have a 4 port.
I think they are 7204, 7205, 7206, 7207

all answer except 7205.
How would I remove it as a member?

would it stay busied out if I later did a system reboot?

Menu-System Prog-Exit-Extensions-More (i think)-HuntGrp (not sure if that is the exact name for it), Members, enter group which is 770, then delete 7205.

that got me close enough..

here were the steps, just for others reference:
F1 - SysProgram
F5 - Start
F6 - Extensions
PgUp - More
F4 - Grp Calling
F9 - Members
Enter extension number of group (770)

with that done...and aside from having to add the additional ports if I got a six port, or add back the one I removed if I got another 4 port....Can I get a replacement card with the same or more ports, and replace it without re-programming the entire voice mail system??

Yes. If it is a 4-port just add it to the system and then add the extension back. If you get a 6 port, just add the 2 new extensions as well. You'll need to program the voicemail itself, but the system will keep its programming with the swap (as long as it is another 007MLM).

QUOTE: "You'll need to program the voicemail itself"

you mean like set up all mailboxes, greetings, autoattendants, etc?

Yep. Anything that relates to the 007MLM itself needs to be redone.

can you change your answer please, to something I like better :)

but anyhoo....thanks!!

top notch help, as always.

One more quick question...

now that I only have 3 ports, what happens if more than 3 people try to leave/check messages at once?

Busy if you are trying to check messages on-site, ring no answer for anyone trying to leave a message until a port opens up.

I'll probably wait until either they really complain, or the hard drive dies and I have to re-do it all anyway.
this drive is getting looooong in the tooth.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back